Sunday, July 19, 2009

summer at last

Classes ended on Thursday. I stayed up late and got up early so I could be done for real when the final class came; some papers could be turned in over the weekend, but I walked out of there for the last time and went to a family celebration with nothing left on my plate. My mom cooked some of my favorite comfort foods, my girls were ecstatic, and I ended up sleeping for twelve hours! It was heavenly. The next day, we started our move. We're moving about eight blocks down the street, into an amazing commercial building we just finally bought a week ago and are semi-renovating into a loft for the family upstairs and art studios, office, and workshop space on the main level. The thing's huge, I tell you. The girls were roller skating around the embarrassingly big living space while Dave and I cleaned up lots of dust and debris to get ready to move in. Until the county planning department signs off on it, we won't be officially living there, but we're getting ready as much as possible, and we took as much as we could down there today. So so so tired, but in a good way. Now I'm preparing to teach a week of science camp for elementary kids, back at the same school where I did my student teaching. And there was a promising interview earlier in the week for a teaching position at a really exciting school, so I'm hoping and waiting. So far so good for July!

No comments: