Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I have a nice life. So not perfect, but obviously I have the obvious things to be thankful for. Here is my Less Obvious Gratitude List :
  • Youngest child is currently sitting on the potty, singing the memorized words to a picture book. We may be a long way off from no more diapers, but this is still good.
  • Last night Oldest had to be told to stop with the flute practice already, it's bedtime.
  • Middle wants to learn Spanish. She's starting with the happy birthday/ feliz cumpleanos song. In fourth grade she'll be able to study it in school like Oldest does.
  • Husband has joined a book club. And something online has tickled him: I keep hearing laughter coming from his office. That is good.
  • I have a like-minded cooperating teacher for my student teaching assignment, and I've been able to lead art lessons; who says that bachelor's degree is being wasted?
  • One day of cleaning should be all it takes to be ready for Thanksgiving. And since my stamina and motivation are low, by "one day" I mean about "one hour, mostly spent nagging the kids". That is good.
  • A lighter than usual schedule this week means I can get ahead on coursework! So good!
  • We're having friends over for Thanksgiving, so Husband can have a turkey and won't have to do the vegetarian type we usually have; it's not worth cooking a bird when he's the only meat eater in the house. And even though I'm not interested in eating the thing, it is kind of appealing to be all traditional and stuff.
  • Neither we, nor anyone we know, is in danger of foreclosure. At least not this month. And that too is good.
  • Even though our furnace is still not working and has boggled the minds of both Husband and three different Repair People, we have plenty of fire wood for the time being. Good.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

No comments: